So I’m in Starbucks this a.m just like every other day and behind me in line is the lovely Mary Murphy of Hamel’s Market. She says to me, “Isn’t it amazing how big the beach is?!” Now, I have no idea what she’s talking about, but I am the BUZZ, so I say, “I know! Wow!” and pretend I’m every bit the informed person I’m believed to be! Later on I’m down by the Boardwalk and I see this amazing huge rolling tripod on the beach which proceeds to roll right out into the water and back again and then I realize that the beach south of Dolly’s is now HUGE. OMG! They’ve been dredging and have replenished the sand and YOWZA we have a LOT more beach here in Rehoboth Beach. The company responsible is Great Lakes Dredge and Dock, the PREMIER dredging contractor according to their site, and the huge funny machine that I am uber fascinated with is called, the Crab. The Crab operator is the surveyor, insuring that the beach is a certain number of feet above sea level. Very cool!
- Giant Crab and More Beach at Rehoboth Beach
- Salt Air Revival; Panera Site Underway
- Pizza Palace, Charcoal Deli and Atlantic Books
- Shall We Dance? And ANOTHER New Restaurant!
- High Tea – Gift Card Deal – Another Closing!
- Coming Soon! Buffalo Wild Wings and Pat’s Pizza
- Apple Scrapple Festival and Pottery Place
- Wherefore art thou Romeo’s?
- Bethany Beach Jazz Funeral
- Cosmopolitan Closes and Harris Teeter gets Superfresh!